As the Archivist at UNW’s Berntsen Library, my research interests include 20th century evangelical and fundamentalist history especially related to Northwestern. My favorite theological interest is the Christian doctrine of atonement. As a librarian, I love helping students navigate the complex world of theological literature. I also serve as the library liaison to the departments of Nursing, World Languages, Christian Ministry, and Biblical & Theological Studies, and I teach various classes for the department of Biblical and Theological Studies, including The Gospel of Mark, Selected Psalms, and Systematic Theology.
M.S. University of Illinois—Library & Information Science
M.A. Wheaton College Graduate School—Historical & Systematic Theology
M.A. Wheaton College Graduate School—Biblical Exegesis
B.A. Northwestern College (now University of Northwestern – St. Paul)—Biblical Studies
- “Billy Graham’s Northwestern Years (1948-1952) and Emerging Evangelical and Fundamentalist Identities” presented at the Conference on Faith and History. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI, October 5, 2018.
- Review of Atonement and Purification: Priestly and Assyro-Babylonian Perspectives on Sin and Its Consequences, by Isabel Cranz. The Christian Librarian 61 (2018): 95-96.
- Review of Locating Atonement: Explorations in Constructive Dogmatics, edited by Oliver Crisp and Fred Sanders. The Christian Librarian 60 (2017): 101-102.
- Review of The SBL Handbook of Style: for Biblical Studies and Related Disciplines, Second Edition, by SBL Press. Theological Librarianship 9 (2016): 54-56.
- Review of “In Christ” in Paul: Explorations in Paul’s Theology of Union and Participation, edited by Michael J. Thate, Kevin J. Vanhoozer, and Constantine R. Campbell. The Christian Librarian 59 (2016): 157-158.
- Review of Biblical Hermeneutics: A Comprehensive Introduction to Interpreting Scripture, edited by Bruce Corley, Steve Lemke, and Grant Lovejoy. The Christian Librarian 58 (2015): 131-132.
- American Theological Library Association (ATLA)
- Association of Christian Librarians (ACL)
- Conference on Faith and History (CFH)
- Evangelical Theological Society (ETS)
- Society of Biblical Literature (SBL)